Amid the ongoing controversy surrounding MC Mong and Chairman Cha Ga Won, claims have emerged that EXO’s Baekhyun suffered financial losses totaling hundreds of billions of won.
On Aug. 22, YouTuber Lee Jin Ho discussed the controversy in a video, claiming that Baekhyun was among those who suffered the greatest financial losses. “There are many victims from this situation, but there is one person who suffered the biggest loss,” he said.
Baekhyun’s Alleged Financial Ordeal
The alleged losses were linked to Baekhyun’s exclusive contract with ONE HUNDRED. The video also touched on the tampering allegations surrounding the deal, with claims that MC Mong had approached the singer while he still had time remaining on his exclusive contract with SM Entertainment.
The Unfulfilled Promise of Eterno
According to the claims, Baekhyun was promised a contract signing fee of USD 25.5 million (KRW 35 billion). Rather than receiving the money in cash, however, he was allegedly promised a luxury villa at Eterno. The publicly assessed value of an Eterno penthouse was reportedly USD 23.7 million (KRW 32.57 billion) as of 2026, while Chairman Cha Ga Won allegedly promised him a unit in Eterno Phase 3.
Eterno Phase 2 is currently under construction, while Phase 3 has yet to be developed, according to the video. “He signed the exclusive contract after being enticed by the promise of a house worth KRW 35 billion, but Phase 3 hasn’t even been built. It’s no different from a swindler promising to sell the moon. Chairman Cha Ga Won wasn’t even in a position to give Baekhyun Eterno Phase 3,” he said.
Additional Monetary Setbacks and Predictions
The alleged losses reportedly extend beyond the contract signing fee. Baekhyun is said to have paid a USD 11.7 million (KRW 16 billion) lease deposit when he moved into Lanouve Hannam. Referring to Lee Seung Gi, who reportedly faced difficulties recovering a KRW 10.5 billion lease deposit earlier this month, the YouTuber speculated, “There’s more than a 99% chance Baekhyun won’t be able to recover his deposit either.”
He also cited KRW 12 billion in unpaid settlements as another source of alleged losses. “If you add everything together, the damages amount to USD 46 million (KRW 63 billion) in purely mathematical terms,” he said.
Toward the end of the video, he predicted that the issue could lead to an official dispute over the money. “With Chairman Cha Ga Won having even been detained, Baekhyun has suffered such a large amount of damage that I expect this money issue will also be formally raised,” he said.
However, the claims have not been independently verified.
Broader Contractual Controversies
Meanwhile, CBX — Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin — notified SM Entertainment on June 1, 2023, that they were terminating their exclusive contracts, citing the failure to provide settlement documents and excessively long contract terms. The dispute appeared to be resolved on June 18 of that year after the two sides reached a mutual agreement.
However, the two sides are now engaged in legal proceedings following allegations that Big Planet Made, the parent company of INB100, CBX’s agency, had engaged in tampering by approaching the artists before their existing contracts had expired.




